Later start of language courses
Due to the current coronavirus situation, courses will probably not start until 20/04/2020.
Placement tests cannot take place. Please click on REGISTRATION and choose a course that you find suitable depending on self-assessment.
Important Dates 2019
Courses during the winter semester
- German courses start on 21 October 2019
- all other language courses start on 14. Oktober 2019
End of semester: February 2020
Enrollment is possible for all courses without a placement test.
Please choose a course that corresponds to your self-assessment.
Course catalog on LSF
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To see a complete list of all courses offered at the Language Center using the on-line database LSF
- Select “Veranstaltungen” = Events and classes
- Select “Vorlesungsverzeichnis” = Course catalog
- Select “Lehrangebote des Sprachenzentrums” = Language Center courses
- Select “Sprache wählen” = Language selection
"Meet and Greet" II
"Meet and Greet II"
When: Friday, 24th Jan. 2020, 1 - 4 p.m.
Where: Ulmenstraße 69, House 1, Room 320
International and German academics will have another opportunity to Meet & Greet. Join the workshop and find out how those colleagues of yours roll!
Registration: via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or website
Languages and levels
The Language Center offers
- Courses in 10 different languages, so that you are prepared for your studies and your career.
- Consideration of your foreign language needs and competencies
- University and career oriented-learning regarding content and competencies
- Learning based on the levels of the CEF and UNIcert.
- Examinations and proof of competency that you need (e.g. for beginning a field of study)
- Many self-study possibilities
- High quality standards through frequent (re-) accreditation
- Long-term expertise in teaching and testing foreign language knowledge