Important Dates 2020
Lecture period winter semester
Start and end of the lecture period:
02 November 2020 - 29 January 2021
No events will take place in the following period:
21 December 2020 - 01 January 2021
Examination period II SOSE 2020:
07.09. - 06.11.2020
The placement tests for course participation will start on 12 October 2020.
Please inform yourself about the dates of your preferred language here
Due to the current situation, it is currently not possible to collect the module certificates on site. However, it is possible to receive the module certificates in digital form by email or by mail.
If you need a module certificate, you can request it by email, stating your name, semester and the corresponding course. For sending by mail, we ask you to provide the address.
Please send your request to the Student Office: Stephan.Schulzuni-rostockde
Accessibility of the Language Centre staff
Due to the limited teaching activities as a result of the Corona pandemic, the staff of the Language Centre can currently only be contacted at their e-mail address. In the menu in the "About us" section you can find the e-mail address of your desired contact person.
Secretariat and Study Office
Opening hours for secretariat and study office
Secretariat and study office are closed for visitors until 09.10.2020. Contact is currently only possible by e-mail or telephone.
Language courses winter semester 2020/21
Languages and levels
The Language Center offers
- Courses in 10 different languages, so that you are prepared for your studies and your career.
- Consideration of your foreign language needs and competencies
- University and career oriented-learning regarding content and competencies
- Learning based on the levels of the CEF and UNIcert.
- Examinations and proof of competency that you need (e.g. for beginning a field of study)
- Many self-study possibilities
- High quality standards through frequent (re-) accreditation
- Long-term expertise in teaching and testing foreign language knowledge