Important Dates 2019
Courses during the winter semester
- German courses start on 21 October 2019
- all other language courses start on 14. Oktober 2019
End of semester: February 2020
Course catalog on LSF
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To see a complete list of all courses offered at the Language Center using the on-line database LSF
- Select “Veranstaltungen” = Events and classes
- Select “Vorlesungsverzeichnis” = Course catalog
- Select “Lehrangebote des Sprachenzentrums” = Language Center courses
- Select “Sprache wählen” = Language selection
"Meet and Greet" German university staff
Who's afraid of German academics? "Meet and Greet" German university staff
We would like to warmly invite you to our language center to meet German University staff. For the third time already, we have the pleasure to welcome you to our "Meet and Greet" in the context of the English conversation class for university staff.
- When: Friday 15.11.2019 from 13 to 16 o'clock
- Where: Ulmenstraße 69 House 1, Room 320
Enjoying coffee and home-made, fresh cake we want to exchange on intercultural communication aspects together with the international staff, PhD candidates as well as Master's student of the University of Rostock. In English, we plan to chat and get to know each other in a relaxed workshop atmosphere to support intercultural understanding at the workplace. We are looking forward to meeting you and kindly ask for registration.
For further questions, please refer to the Head of the English Department: Ms Cornelia Kirsten
Registration for Intensive courses of winter semester 2019/20: 22nd Jan - 5th Feb 2020
Registration for Courses of summer semester 2020: 16th Mar - 3rd Apr 2020
Languages and levels
The Language Center offers
- Courses in 10 different languages, so that you are prepared for your studies and your career.
- Consideration of your foreign language needs and competencies
- University and career oriented-learning regarding content and competencies
- Learning based on the levels of the CEF and UNIcert.
- Examinations and proof of competency that you need (e.g. for beginning a field of study)
- Many self-study possibilities
- High quality standards through frequent (re-) accreditation
- Long-term expertise in teaching and testing foreign language knowledge