Registration for German Courses
General informationen for students, phD-students and guest scientists: download (only in Englisch)
Intensive courses in September
- level: A1.2 and A2.1 (program here)
- online-registration: 3rd July – 16th August 2019
Regular courses in the winter term 2019/20
- level: A1.1 – C1.1 (program here)
- online-registration: 30th Sept. – 25th Oct. 2019
Who can take a German course?
Students of Rostock University
You can take part in our German courses, if you are:
- a regular student of Rostock University and are enrolled in a Bachelor or Masters program
- an Erasmus-student or visting student, who is enrolled for one or two semesters
- a double degree student
If you are a PhD-student of Rostock University or one of the associated institutes, you can also take part in our German courses. Please choose in our registration program for status Doktorand (PhD-student).
- Leibniz-Institut für Atmosphärenphysik (IAP)
- Leibniz-Institut für Katalyse (LIKAT)
- Leibniz-Institut für Ostseeforschung Warnemünde (IOW)
- Hanseatic Institute for Entrepreneurship and Regional Development an der Universität Rostock (HIE-RO)
- Institut für Bankrecht und Bankwirtschaft an der Universität Rostock e.V. (IfBB)
- Institut für ImplantatTechnologie und Biomaterialien e.V. (IIB)
External interested persons, guest listeners (such as accompanying spouses) and students of other universities can not take part in our German Courses.
(Exceptions are possible in level B2.2 and higher, if free places are available.)
Step by step
Step 1: Placement Test
Why do you need to take the placement test?
The purpose of the placement test is find a matching course in our course system for you.
If you want to register for one of our courses for the first time, you will have to take the placement test. You even need to take it, if you don't know any German at all. In this case, your score will be 0 points.
You don't need to take the placement test, if you have successfully finished one of the courses of our Language Center.
All other certifcates can not be accepted.
- where: Selfstudy Centre (SLZ/ Ulmenstraße 69, house 1, room 321)
- when: during the registration period
Step 2: Choosing a course
With your result from the placement test, you can choose one of the matching German courses.
Please check the dates and deadlines for the placement test and registration period on our webpage.
Step 3: Registration
The registration period usually starts 2 to 3 weeks before the beginning of the semester.
Step 4: Confirmation by e-mail
After your successful registration, you'll receive an automatic e-mail confirmation with all neccessary information regarding your course (time, room, material etc.) and the payment regulations.
Step 5: Payment
Your course place is only secure if you pay the course fee.
Please pay the course fee within 10 days. You have to transfer the money to the account of the Language Centre. The e-mail (step 4) contains all the information you need.
If you have any problems with payment, please contact our Office of Student Affairs of the Language Centre.