What are Modulscheine (module certificates)?
Modulschein is the German word for module certificate. A module is a language course. At the end of each module (language course) you need to take an exam. After passing the exam we will issue your module certificate which states your result and ECTS-points (credit points).
Which prerequisites do you need to fulfill, in order to get a "Modulschein" (module certificate)?
In order to get a "Modulschein" (module certificate), you need to fulfill the following prerequisites:
- 80% of attendance
- submission of mandatory homework in good quaility (meet the deadlines!)
- pass the exam
We do not issue any certificates (Teilnahmeschein) for only taking part in the course.
Can you get a module certificate without taking an exam?
No. We don't issue module certificates just for attending the course. For a module certificate, you need to take and pass the module exam.
You can not pick up your module certificate in person. What can you do?
You can not pick up your module certificate (or any other certificate) in person, because you are returning home? Than you have two possibilities:
- You can ask a friend to pick up the certificate for you. For that you need to issue an authorisation (Vollmacht). Don't forget to sign the paper. download authorisation paper
- You can hand in an envelope (size A5), with your address and with sufficient postage on it, at our Office of Student Affairs. As soon as your module certificate is issued, we'll send you your certificate by mail.
You lost your module certificate. Can you get a new one?
If you lost your module certificate, we can issue a new one. For that you need to send us the following information:
- family name, first name
- When did you attend the course? (e.g. winter semester 17/18 or Intensive Course September 18)
- course level (A 1.1, B 2.2)
- name of your course instructor
The fee for your new certificate is 14 €. Please transfer the fee to our bank account:
- Universität Rostock
- IBAN: DE20 1304 0000 0106 9699 00
- BIC: COBADEFFXXX
- Commerzbank Rostock
- purpose for payment (Verwendungszweck): "Your name" + „Zweitschrift“
We issue your new certificate within one week after receiving your the fee.
Apart from our university-internal module certificate you can acquire also the TestDaF-Certificate.
For all other exams and certificates such as
- general language certificates without attending a languages course
please contact other language schools or universities.
When and where can you pick up your certificates?
You can pick up your module certificates two weeks after passing your exam in the Office of Student Affairs of the Language Centre.
Please note the opening hours.
Office of Student Affairs (Ms. Stock), Ulmenstr. 69, house 1,room 402
- tuesdays: 1 - 4 pm
- wednesdays: 1 - 3.30 pm
- thursdays: 9 am - noon